Lunes, Hunyo 2, 2014

Say Goodbye To Your Past

armstrongismlibrary.blogspot.com


“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."-Isaiah 43:18-18



Your past played a significant role in who you are today.There are times that even when the past events of your life were gone a long time ago, it still affects you at present and the effect may be extended in your future. But God is speaking to you, not to dwell on the past because whatever happens to you in the past, no matter how broken you were, it doesn't matter anymore. Because God is making something new and beautiful in your life now. If your past consist basically of bad memories, each time you look back you get hurt. You cry, your heart is filled with sadness, bitterness and regrets. And our loving Father in heaven, doesn't want you to dwell on negative feelings and thoughts that when get worst, may affect your health and your sanity. God wants you to anticipate the future with positivity. But how can you be positive of your future when you don't have faith in God? And how can you have faith in God when you don't know Him. Don't worry, I will tell you the basics. 


Being born to a Christian family is not a life of bed of roses.It is a life of thorns and bushes actually. I experience hardships and struggles that are no joke to everyone. When I was a kid, I ask God more often than not why we we're poor (with the thoughts of: we believe in Him. My parents are  both pastors who were in the church pioneering ministry. My family is serving the Lord, but why we are lacking this or that?) Why I don't have even some of the nice things, my classmates have. Why I need to walk several kilometers just to go to school  everyday (without "baon" pa yan) while others can afford their own means of transportation. I ask God why my bed for 17 years is made of wood with no foam (matigas, pag pagod ka hindi nakaka relieve ang humiga sa papag) while others have different types of bed like waterbed, airbed, etc.etc. Basically, I ask God for material possessions other people have that we don't have. But when it comes to my family, our relationship to one another, that I am always thankful to the Lord. I grew up with my parents, who taught me about God and his Word. When I learn how to read the Bible, my knowledge of who God is grow,as time goes by. The more I read the Bible, the more I become positive of the future because God through his word reveal his plans for me. And the more I talk to God through prayers (some of it were silly requests,hehe), the more I become attached to Him.Reading God's Word daily, will enable you to have the right perception of who God is. You will know that even though God is Holy and seemed like a "strict father" He is also loving, compassionate and forgiving. So there it is, if you want to know God so you can fully trust him of your future, start it with a prayer and reading the Bible. Not only you will know what pleases and displeases God but you will also know his plans for you. His purpose in your life, even before you were born.

My past is both bitter and sweet in taste. Sweet because I experienced the grace and goodness of the Lord. Through the years, He never abandon me, no matter how many times I disobeyed him. His provisions are so obvious that I was able to graduate from college with honors with just this P20 daily allowance and 1 set of uniform. Anyway, during my college years, each time I walk few kilometers ahead before I ride a jeepney or bus (para kumasya lang yung pamasahe ko), I'm telling myself, "matatapos da ining kahug-anan nga ginadanas ko.makaka-graduate da ako kag makakapagtrabaho." That's in our native dialect in Sibuyan Island, Romblon. It means, this hardship will come to an end one day. I will finish college and get a job. By God's grace, it happened in 2009 when I finish my degree in Journalism, Cum Laude. Praise God for that! Who would have thought na yung walang budget sa pag aaral sa kolehiyo na tulad ko, makakapagtapos ng pag aaral. It's all because of God's grace. So ngayon, iba na iniisip ko when I commute for work. "Nangyari rin yung pinaniniwalaan ko noon, yung sinasabi ko sa sarili ko tuwing naglalakad ako pauwi."

One of the bitter ingredients of my past, are the wrong choices I've made in getting myself involved into romantic relationships. I don't know why, but it seems that I had some crazy inclination with a  "bad boy" type of guy before. Yung parang Robin Padilla lang ang peg. Hahaha! I had a boyfriend before that look like Wiz Khalifa. The idea of having a thug love story is what triggered my excitement and curiosity. Church girl vs. Gangsta, ya know. But when I've found out that having a ghetto boyfriend is a misery, plus he has this not so good old habits, I got turned off and eventually broke up with him. I was so ashamed of myself. How did I get myself that low? What happened to my standards? Thank God, by His grace, I didn't go all the way with him. Then I got involve with a musician as well, who made my world upside down but made me realize that romance pursued not on a right time and place and with the wrong person could end up a disaster. Thank God, by His grace, He really didn't allow me to give up myself for these guys I'm head over heels with. The "moving on" process is both painful and traumatic. There are times that I kind of feeling scared to have a boyfriend again. I feel like I can't a trust a man anymore. Like whatever he will tell me, my brain would protest, "that's a lie!" But of course, I'm human and I'm capable of loving, so I know I can't say no to love the second time around but I'm cautious na. And I decide to wait for God's best. God will tell me if he is the one.

When I read Isaiah 43: 18-19, my God telling me to forget the past. Leave all the pains and not so good memories behind because He is making something new in my life. I obey, kahit masakit. That's the best decision I could ever made, obeying my Father in heaven for He knows what's best for me. In New Living Translation it says, "But forget all that--it is nothing compared to what I am going to do." 

I am anticipating that God must have really something beautiful in store for me that even my past is nothing compared to what He is going to do in my life. That's exciting,isn't it? God won't tell me to drop what I'm holding on or clinging to if He doesn't have a much better thing to give me in return. Last Sunday's message in our church is entitled Surrender your Isaac. It's about surrendering something or someone to God that might take God's place in your life. I learned that when you surrender to the Lord, surrender with faith and anticipation, just like Abraham. 

My friend, no matter how bad your past was it doesn't matter anymore. Because God's love for your is greater than all the pains and mistakes you have in your life. All you have to do is surrender yourself to Jesus. Let him be the Lord and Savior of your life. I guarantee you, when you commit your life to Christ, you will never be sorry.


http://www.liveluvcreate.com/index.php?site=image&id=112066




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento